Friday, December 3, 2010

Bring Brothers to Work Day

Yesterday, my mom and dad were both at work and unable to find someone else to watch my 11 and 6 year old brothers.

Who did that leave? Me.

So, I got the boys ready in the morning, packed some games and dvds, and loaded them into the car.

When we arrived at Stacy's house, the boys immediately made themselves at home and became friends with her kids. They started playing wii with Stacy's two boys while I read "Pinkalicious" to her little girl.

Elyse and I made brownies for the boys to come home to after school. I let her measure some of the ingredients, and she did a great job. The batter was a little too runny though :)

I made 7 PB&J sandwiches.

We watched the Berenstain Bears 3 times.

The kids got dressed to play in the snow, played outside for 10 minutes, then undressed about 5 times.

The boys got home, ate the entire plate of brownies, and drank an entire gallon of milk.

What made my day was Elyse. Her tummy was hurting and she had a little fever (no, her being sick wasn't what made the day). So... She curled up in her blankie on my lap and fell asleep. We stayed like that for about two hours :) When she woke up, her baby doll was feeling sick too she rocked her baby and sang to her. Soooo adorable! She also drew lots of pictures for me and we did a puzzle together.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened... Sorry this post isn't the most entertaining to read. But I guess this is more for me than anyone else :) I came home exhausted as always... But it's so worth it.

Thanks to all the wonderful women in my life who have taught me to enjoy the small, simple things kids do. Without your infinite widsom and advice... I'd be going crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment