Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cookbooks are Ideal

I have recently come to the conclusion that cookbooks are pretty ideal to any wannabe chef. I have had so much trouble coming up with recipes on my own! I got lucky with the pasta dishes, to be honest. Pasta is easy :) When it came to the macaroni... Well, we all know I failed. I am starting to reconsider using no cookbooks at all... But that would be changing the base of my blogging, again, and I don't think I can put you all through that emotional turmoil :)

So, my decision is to use simple/bland recipes for dishes and make them more extravagant on my own. I will be spontaneous and use the little education/talent in the art of cooking to creat new dishes and turn the bland recipes into works of art. This way I can be safe with the cooking and and make sure I don't cause bodily harm to anybody.

Since I am back on my regular work schedule it is hard to prepare meals for the family when I get home. Sometimes I arrive at home as late as seven o'clock at night, and by that point my family has already eaten. And cooking for myself isn't as fun.

Another reason I haven't tried anything new recently is because we have a TON of meat in our freezer (we buy a cow every year and get the meat it gives... Literally. We buy it.) and we need to use it pretty quickly, because the time is coming when we purchase a new cow. Answering your unasked questions, no, we do not buy the cow and raise it and then kill it ourselves. We choose a cow at a family friend's farm, they do the dirty work, and we get the meat. It's a pretty sweet deal. :)

For those of you who are totally against killing/eating animals I wouldn't suggest you continue reading my blogs because my family is a herd of carnivores and I can guarantee that I will be using meat quite often. :)

Anyway, that's really all I have to say today.

Oh! I did kind of come up with a recipe today... I put mashed potatoes in between two pieces of toast.

Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment