Sunday, February 6, 2011

Counting My Blessings :)

Before counting my blessings I would just like to say... NICE GAME, PACKERS!!!!!! :) I knew you could do it!! :) Thanks to their win my best friend, Luke, owes me a dinner ;)

Also, before I start naming my infinite blessings I would like to explain myself. Over the past few days I have found myself in some pretty bad situations, and I have had quite a negative spirit. All of you should know that I am normally a very happy person, so me being so pessimistic wasn't pleasant for anyone.

Now that things have settled down I have decided to count my blessings... Naming them one by one. I'm sure I'll be surprised by what the Lord has done :) Ha ha. Just had to finish the stanza :)

Anyway. Here goes:

1. My family- I am so blessed to have been sent to such wonderful parents who love and support me, no matter what I do. I also feel extremely blessed to have such excellent siblings who make family vacations so fun  :)
2. The gospel of Jesus Christ- I know without a shadow of a doubt that this gospel is the ONLY way to receive eternal joy. No ifs, ands, or buts. I am so grateful that I was born into a family built upon generations of faith, and I know I will live in joy and harmony with them for eternity.
3. The temple- I know that since my parents were sealed together for eternity in the temple that I will never lose them. Death cannot take my family away from me. I am so grateful that I will have the chance to enter the sealing room with my own eternal companion someday, and start an eternal family. I am so grateful that I am able to do work for those who are not able, or those who have passed on.
4. Prayer- What a blessing it is to have a one-way connection with our Heavenly Father!
5. The priesthood- Again, what a blessing to have the priesthood keys restored to the earth! Without the priesthood I know that most of the miracles I have witnessed would not have been possible.
6. The BOM- I like the bible too, and I know it's important, but there is something about the BOM that makes my heart burn with joy. I know the stories were meant for us, in these latter days, and I know that I can receive an answer to any problem within its pages.
7. Joseph and Emma Smith- Of course, I owe it all to Joseph for restoring this glorious gospel. However, I am grateful for Emma's example of motherhood and wife..hood. :)
8. My friends- Wow, I have such incredible friends! I have discovered who my true friends are recently and let me just say, I am soo extremely grateful and I know that it was not a coincidence that all of them are in my life.
9. My home- We just moved into a new, beautiful home and I am so grateful that my parents both have good paying jobs and can afford such a wonderful home, and everything else they provide for me and my siblings.
10. School- Yeah, I know. Who likes school? I am so grateful I will  have the chance to expand my knowledge and that the opportunity is right at my finger tips.
(Now I am just going to list things because I don't want this post to be terribly long. I think you'll all get the gist of it :) Also, they're not in a particular order. Just naming them as I go.)
11. Technology
12. Church buildings
13. Cars
14. The men and women who fight for our freedom
15. The men and women who protect our families, homes, and communities
16. Libraries
17. My bed
18. Vacuum cleaners
19. Shoes and socks
20. Toilets
21. Showers
22. Chapstick
23. Missionaries
24. The prophets
25. Music
26. Seminary teachers
27. Facebook
28. Books
29. Football
30. Baseball
31. Disneyland
32. Cameras
33. Freedom
34. Sunscreen
35. My jobs
36. Pencils and pens
37. Paper
38. Trax
39. Clean water
40. A pantry stocked full of food
41. Lemonade
42. The Pie
43. Dominoes pizza (BEST EVER)
44. The MTC
45. The Friend, New Era, and The Ensign
46. Water falls
48. Hiking trails
49. Mississippi
50. Journals
51. Movie theaters
52. Justin Bieber
53. Shriner's Hospital for Children
54. Other hospitals
55. Dentists
56. Maroon 5
57. Donuts
58. Dances
59. Bras
60. Cough syrup
61. Regular syrup
62. Electricity
63. My hair straightener and curling iron
64. Shampoo and conditioner
65. Soap
66. Chicken
67. Eggs
68. Tucano's
69. Puppies
70. Clothes
71. Valentine's Day
72. Halloween
73. The Holy Ghost- Okay, this should have been one of the top blessings. Without the Holy Ghost I would never be able to get through the day! I am so grateful that I received such a glorious guide as a gift.
74. Babies
75. The mall
76. Hot chocolate
77. Marshmallows
78. Lakes
79. Four wheelers
80. Bicycles
81. Tae Bo dvds
82. Glee
83. Cell phones
84. Red lipstick
85. Christmas
86. Diet sodas
87. Brownies
88. FHE
89. Single's wards
90. Scooters
91. My kids
92. Kissing
93. Rain
94. Rainbows
95. Hotels
96. Flowers
97. Harry Potter
98. CD players
99. My iPod
100. Play dough

Well, there's 100 for today :) I still have lots more but I'll save them for later.

And for those of you wondering (and asking me in text messages) my life is absolutely fantastic! I have never been happier :) Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment