Saturday, February 19, 2011

Is the Chicken Done Yet?

Today I made the pasta dish (the one I created last week) for my family... FINALLY!

And guess what?????? Yeah, that's right. They all loved it. And had seconds. And thirds. I'm finally a cook! Well, almost.

One of the most important things I have learned while branching out is that if chicken is still pink in the middle it isn't quite done yet. Well, how did you expect me to know this? Every time I have a steak there is still some pink stuff oozing out of the meat... I always thought chicken was the same. No one told me!

So, the meal was almost disasterous because I almost put pink chicken into the pasta.. But mom stopped my hand just in time and said, "Mace, chicken isn't done til it's completely white in the middle."

Oh. Duh.

I put the chicken back in the oven for about 7 more minutes and when it came out c'est magnifique (it was magnificent).

Good thing I haven't started chicken recipes yet, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment