Monday, February 7, 2011

On My Knees

I shed a tear
one single ear
as my heart pains
to know my worth.
As more tears
fall,
each one bears
their own
burden.
I glance at
my reflection.
The sad eyes and
small frown
stare back.
I fall to my knees,
bow my head,
and let the words
and feelings
locked in my heart
pour out.
"Father, help me,"
I whisper.
Those whispered words
grow fervent,
meaningful.
My voice becomes
louder and
stronger.
And then,
all of a sudden,
the tears stop.
My heart begins
to burn
and arms
I cannot see
hug me tightly.
Now tears
of joy, relief,
understanding,
slowly trickle
down.
I open
my eyes
for an instant
and a small smile
comes out
from hiding.
Sunshine from the
window
sneaks into
the room and
gives me light.
I close my eyes
once more
and whisper,
"Thank you, Father."
As i arise
the arms release
me
but I am comforted
without them.
I cannot contain
my happiness
and that
unfamiliar smile
as I go
throughout the day.
My Father
has assured me
I am His
precious daughter
and I am
worth more than
rubies.
"Go,"
He said,
"go share
your light with
the world."
Those few
moments
have saved me...
Those sweet
moments
of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment