Saturday, September 7, 2013

About the Ginger

Hello blogging world! Thanks to my dear friend, Christine, my blog now looks fantastic and I am excited to be telling the world about my little life. Tonight I thought I would share a little bit about me... the ginger behind the keyboard. My name is Macey (Ellingson) Walters. I am 21 years old amd stand at 5'7" tall. I have lots of freckles, blue eyes, and long red hair. All my life I have been told that I was born with a temper and a lot more fire in my soul than most people. My husband completely supports the both statements, although I don't think I have a temper. I have a wonderful little life! I married my best friend in the Salt Lake temple on January 12, 2013. It was the snowiest and coldest day of the year. My husband's name is Nic Walters. We are thoroughly enjoying being newlyweds and all the adventures that brings. Tonight I am feeling a little reminiscent. Earlier this evening my sister-in-law asked me how Nic and I met. So...I'm going to tell the story of our journey to falling in love. We met at a Home Evening activity with our single's ward in September of 2011. He had been home from his mission for 4 months and decided to come to his first activity. I saw him across the yard (it was a backyard BBQ) and thought he was SUPER cute. That month our stake presidency had challenged the girls to ask the boys out on dates since they are always the one to do the asking. With this in mind I approached him and was just about to ask him on a date when this totally beautiful blonde chick intercepted me and stole his attention. Her name was Holly, and thanks to the events of that evening we became best friends. I was a little sad but didn't want to look desperate, so I walked away and enjoyed the rest of the activity. The next week Holly and I talked about Nic and she said she had a date with him that weekend. I was heart broken. However, I was happy for her and so excited that she had been asked out for the first time since joining our ward. Throughout the week Holly and I hung out almost every night and became instant best friends. I helped her pick out the outfit she'd wear on Friday and even agreed to do her hair and make up just for fun. Little did I know I was helping another woman date my future husband. After their date Holly called me and told me all about it. The next day Nic messaged me on Facebook, asking for some advice about how to impress her and get her to like him. I was so excited that he had messaged me! I gave him the best advice that I could. Weeks turned into months later, and Nic and I had become best friends. We talked on the phone nightly, texted all throughout the day, and hung out with each other at every church activity. I gave him advice about all the girls he was interested in...all the while keeping my feelings toward him to myself. Later I found out that during this time he was keeping his own feelings toward me to himself. That would have been nice to know. A few weeks went by and I started dating a guy named Travis. Long story short he didn't tell me he had a sister missionary coming home to marry him...and when I found out I cried my eyes out to Nic. Poor guy. Finally, I couldn't keep my secret in any longer. I told him I liked him. The next day he asked me out on a date. We went to Applebee's with our friends JP and Holly. Yes, same Holly. That night he told me he liked me as well, but wasn't sure if he wanted a relationship or not. This nearly killed me. I told him to think things over and that I hoped to see him soon. February 16, 2012 we went to a Valentine's Day stake dance together. He asked me to dance to Lights by Journey and to this day that was one of the most magical moments of my life! Later that night he kissed me for the first time in the institute parking lot...and we started dating a few days later. August 18, 2012 he FINALLY popped the question, and 5 months later all my dreams came true. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world. I married my best friend AND I get to be with him for eternity! He treats me like a queen and has done so since day one. Anyway. That's our story! Maybe next time I'll tell the story of our wedding day. Not sure how I'm going to do this whole blog thing, but I'm determined. Sorry if the story bored ya to death! I guess it was more for me anyway(: Night, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Jon and I met at a Stake BBQ also! How fun :)

    ReplyDelete