Tuesday, September 10, 2013

For the Love of Jars

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law gave me some old Mason jars. I had no idea what to do with them...but then I took a look at my bathroom and saw how badly I need to organize some odds and ends in there. This is what I did: 


To color the jars, I mixed food coloring with some mod podge and painted it onto the jar. I just love the touch they add to our bathroom! Perfect for storing q-tips, cotton balls, elastics, bobby pins, etc. After I made these three jars I had two left, and not enough counter space. Heaven knows I could use more storage though! What I did instead was turn those jars into a Blessings and Favorite Memories jar. Every night my husband and I write down a blessing from the day, and one of our favorite memories with each other. At the end of the year we will seal them and start all over. This is how they turned out: 


We have only been doing the blessings and memories jars for a few weeks now but it has already improved our marriage. It's so fun to sit down and read through the memories together! And pulling out a blessing from a jar is a nice reminder that life really is good, even with the struggles. That's all for tonight! Hopefully I'll have more jar projects finished soon! Xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment