Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Sunday!

Alright, I have to brag. My husband and I officially have the best calling in the ward. We're the new teachers for the three year old sunbeams! We are SO thrilled! I mean, c'mon...in what other class is it acceptable to eat goldfish shamelessly while teaching? Even better, using treats as an incentive actually works! And coloring with them is encouraged! If we were called to teach any other age we would fail miserably. I absolutely love Sundays and feel so grateful that we have such a wonderful new ward and calling. These kiddos have the sweetest spirits. I love watching them sing and dance during Singing Time and eagerly waiting (with their arms folded and cheeks puffed up) to be called on during Sharing Time just to shout out their favorite answer.... "JESUS!" What a blessing it is to be around such special children. To top off this great day we are heading to my parent's house to witness my 18 year old brother receive the Melchizedek priesthood. I can't believe this day has come! He has been diligently preparing his mission papers and finally turned them in this week. His call is only days away! I have decided to dedicate this post to him. Braden, you amaze me. I have loved every minute of being your older sister and watching you grow into the man that you are. I am SO proud of you for choosing to dedicate two years of your life to serving our Heavenly Father and helping gather His children. You will be an incredible missionary! I can't wait to read your emails and to watch you grow with the spirit. You have such a special spirit, little brother. You have been an example to me since the day you were born. I greatly appreciate the love and support that you've given me all these years. I consider you one of my very best friends and know I can rely on you through thick and thin. Wherever you serve you will touch the lives of many people and help bring to pass the miracles The Lord has set aside for them. I am so excited for you to take this step to get closer to serving. I can't wait to have you in the temple with me. I can't express how proud I am that you have chosen to stay on the right path and make it to the temple. What a wonderful day that will be to have one of my family members there with me! I look forward to the day you leave for the MTC because I know how eager you are. I will miss you terribly, but I know without a doubt this is what you are supposed to be doing at this time. I know with all my heart that this church is true, and it is the only way to make it back to our loving Father's arms. Read the Book of Mormon multiple times...I testify to you that this book can and will answer every question you have about life. I can't imagine what my life would be like without such a wonderful tool of guidance! I know our Heavenly Father loves you. Not only does He love you, He knows you. He knows your strengths, your weaknesses, your triumphs, your fails, and most importantly your heart. He has blessed you with a family who loves you more than anything, and He has blessed you with a soft heart. Your kindness and love toward others is recognized by everyone you come in contact with. You have touched the lives of all your friends, and all your family members. You have one of the strongest spirits I've ever met. This will help you be successful on your mission. Stay diligent, stay prayerful, stay faithful, stay positive. As President Monson said, "It is better to look UP." Remember this and I promise you it will make your life through trials easier. Again, I am so proud of you. I love you so much! One day I hope I can be as great as you. Until then, I will continue to look to you as an example. I am so lucky to be your sister for eternity. Love you forever, Macey.

No comments:

Post a Comment