Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

Please take a moment to follow this link. You won't regret it! http://fox13now.com/2013/09/11/utah-teacher-honored-for-911-heroics/ Touching, right? I work at Providence Hall elementary school, and the students shown attend our middle school. What amazing examples they are! It was so touching to see them all lined up outside the school in full uniform to stand at attention (in complete silence) to honor Ryan White, the history teacher. Twelve years ago today he sacrificed his career in the military to save the people at the Pentagon. I wish I could have stood with these kids. I am a proud daughter of a fireman and know how hard it is to let my dad put himself in danger for the safety of others. 343 FDNY men were lost. I don't know the totals for the other first responders, nor do I know the total numbers for the citizens in the towers, but I know they are high. All I know is every time I listen to the dispatches from that day and see the footage I can't help but cry for hours. It breaks my heart seeing our beautiful country attacked so brutally. It breaks my heart to see the men and women stuck at the top of the towers with no way to escape. It breaks my heart to see the firemen and policemen run into the buildings by the hundreds to try saving lives. Such a sad day for America. I believe it's so important to remember these events and to pull together. I have more pride on September 11 of every year than I do on July 4 because it's the day I personally remember our country pulling together. It amazes me how everyone's hearts ached for people most of the country had never met before. It gives me hope that our country isn't as screwed up as people believe. We live in a beautiful, grand, and blessed country. We are all FREE. Let us not forget the words of the Pledge of Allegiance...I feel like we all have it memorized in our brains but we don't have it engraved in our hearts. My favorite part is the last phrase, "One nation, under God, Indivisible..." That statement is true to this day and I have faith that it will stay that way. I hope and pray that our Founding Fathers are pleased with us and what we've done with our country. I know I'm proud. Nobody is perfect, no country is perfect, and no leader is perfect. But if the people of this country can pull together like we did 12 years ago I believe we will be forever strong. God bless the USA. RIP FDNY, NYPD, and all others who lost their lives. God be with you til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment